Master Penny is an extended enterprise resource management system which handles all the transactions and relationships that happen in a small-to-medium business. Simply, when you’re doing something in the business, you’re doing most or all of it on Master Penny.
With many years of experience, we wrote Master Penny ourselves in order to keep track of all aspects of our business, and as such, we see Master Penny as in a constant state of change and improvement as we get better at understanding the complex relationships within our business. Master Penny is not yet finished, and probably never will be.
Master Penny does lots of things:
- Suppliers, Purchases and Stocks: placing orders with suppliers, receiving stock, capturing supplier invoices, paying suppliers, suppliers age analysis, stock-takes, capturing expensesa and recipes for transforming stock into products
- Customers, Products and Sales: Products and pricelists, as well as projects for consulting/service work with quotations/pro formas through to invoicing, recurring billing (subscriptions), credit notes and bulk sending of client invoices/statements
- Point of Sale: touch-based Linux app which can be installed on standard POS hardware - manage open tables and sales, print bills on standard receipt printers, loyalty programme option, shift reports and integrated box office (selling tickets on the POS updates online availability and vice versa)
- Reporting: vast and continuously growing collection of on-demand reports and charts with things like target reports, financial statements, age analyses, sales, stock and many more
- Issues: Incoming emails are managed through a ticket system with internal discussion and per department-branded external emails for consistent communication. Issues can be assigned, postponed or may be set to recur periodically for example for compliance checks.
- Staff: Payroll and leave
- XRM: Mailing list sending and PR tool for issuing press releases